The South Motors Automotive Group is a national leader in the automotive sales industry. As one of the largest minority-owned dealerships in the nation with over one million vehicles sold, we represent some of South Florida's most recognized dealerships and global automobile brands. Today, from managers to sales professionals, we’re looking for dedicated and dynamic talent to join our expanding team.
Across our 10 automotive dealerships, we offer new, used and extensive services for the global brands that you know and recognize; BMW, INFINITI, Honda, Mini and VW. Our philosophy is to treat every customer and employee like family. This philosophy was our cornerstone when we sold our first car 50 years ago and it is as true today as it was then.
The Shipping / Receiving Supervisor collects product and supports work processes by inspecting, preparing, sorting, identifying, weighing, allocating, and loading materials; placing orders in receiving area.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
- Maintains work supplies and materials by reading work orders; locating and verifying items in inventory; loading items on trucks or pull-carts; moving items to site; unloading items.
- Returns items to inventory by loading, moving, and unloading items.
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing requests.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by removing scrap; sweeping and mopping area; erecting barriers; disposing of hazardous materials; following safety rules, procedures and regulations; wearing personal protective equipment when necessary, keeping shelves, and work area clean.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Supervising and leadership skills a must
- Must have dealership experience
- ADP Dealer Services is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Visual acuity in distinguishing series of numerical and alphabetical sequences.
- Self-sufficiency and ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to handle twisting, lifting, climbing, pushing, pulling, turning, sitting, standing, running, and walking associated with responsibilities.
- Ability to handle physical strain associated with responsibilities.
- Ability to read and write as associated with responsibilities.
- Ability to hear as associated with responsibilities.