General Role & Purpose Summary:
The Director of Marketing, Advertising and Communications is responsible for leading the marketing function throughout the organization. This responsibility includes participation in the overall strategic growth business and marketing planning.... as well as leading the annual planning, development and integration of all of the marketing communications platforms necessary to deliver an optimum ROI of the annual marketing budget. To this end, the MD leads the development of all creative and messaging including media, digital, and social.
MD plays a lead role in developing, directing, analyzing and metrics reporting on short and long-term marketing and branding initiatives in support of all corporate directions, market share/revenue goals and programs. Marketing Director is responsible for company branding and consistent company image.
MD plans and develops marketing, branding, advertising, promotion and public relations objectives that support corporate goals with external and internal communications, through a consistent, integrated traditional, digital and social marketing communications plan and program that differentiates us from the competition, generates awareness, market share and sales leads and helps drive dealer sales results. Leads the development of the annual marketing communications calendar and the updates and iterations throughout the year.
Internal management responsibilities include collaborating with senior management and leading Marketing Department team members. Outside management responsibilities include managing and nurturing relationships with news media, agency partners and other outside suppliers. Role also includes management, rationalization and optimization of major marketing budget areas of media, agency fee, production, social, and digital.
List of Potential Role Responsibilities & Accountabilities from Which to Choose:
- Participate and collaborate with corporate management team in the development of long-term corporate strategic growth plans, goals and strategies.
- Spearhead development of strategic corporate brand positioning strategies including industry and proprietary data analysis, SWOT analysis, competitive strategies and target audience identification.
- Lead the development of all annual integrated marketing communications plans and programs, including goals, strategies and tactics. Provides strategic marketing leadership, advice and counsel to management and staff.
- Develop and implement communications strategy, planning, and creative execution across customer touch-points for both General Market and Hispanic based upon consumer insights, brand positioning, and competitive market factors.
- Write and/or direct the writing of media, creative and social briefs for agencies; ensuring goals and direction are clear, concise, and on strategy .
- Direct development of campaign and target goals and with the purpose of elevating overall business results.
- Ensure team produces world-class creative across all touch-points, including Sales Events, on-time and on-budget.
- Create and implement Marketing communications customer journey mapping strategies and engagement plans. .. Analyzing touch points with dealers to maximize opportunities.
- Implement, and develop mid-term Marketing communication plans.
- Ensure activities across all communication disciplines and platforms are aligned and done in a timely manner in relation to campaign launches.
- Responsible for the development of all digital marketing strategies including social media, SEO, banner advertising, newsletters and e-surveys.
- Work collaboratively with the agency of record in creating digital initiatives consistent with messaging.
- Collaborate with IT in the development and maintenance of websites.
- Collaborates with the agency for all digital marketing initiatives, including flash and banner ads, pay-per click management, and electronic newsletters.
- Create an electronic strategy to maximize outreach to customer and prospect database via e marketing – newsletters and flash correspondence based on specific demographics.
- Conduct on-line surveys when appropriate.
- Regarding search engine optimization, ensure that the site is accessible on various search engines.
- Direct the development, tracking, and execution of social networking strategies, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition.
- Oversee the management of our social community.
- Create the social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the company to ensure its effectiveness and ensure the adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company’s products and services.
- Own the roadmap budget for the social media tools in use on the Company’s sites, directing social media tool integration.
- Recruit and oversee the Social Media Team, ensuring a superior quality of communication and project delivery is provided at all times.
- Coordinate the planning of social media campaigns, ensuring customer acquisition.
- Source and manage relationships with social monitoring and platform partners to support and develop commercial opportunities.
- Act as the advocate of social media integration within the Company, influencing overall site and business strategies.
- Provide benchmarks and analyze data provided by the Social Media Team, to inform company-wide decision-making and commercial campaign targets are met.
- Monitor and comment on trends in social media and application, acting as company spokesperson within the Social Media industry.
- Monitor the competition and be aware of market changes and developments.
- Keep Marketing abreast of trends, be positioned to take advantage of relevant new developments and be a key partner in educating and transferring knowledge of digital and social trends across the marketing teams.
- Track effectiveness of on-line marketing advertising.
- Manage digital team and their responsibility for digital platforms and innovation.
- Ensure owned digital properties are properly managed and always updated and optimized.
- Lead Digital team to effectively use relevant data to push the boundaries of what is possible, relevant, and implementable so that customers receive the type of digital experience they expect and to ensure a strong and effective retail digital presence.
- Push and motivate team to design platforms and user experiences that leverage our media and creative while providing actionable intelligence to continually improve the user experience and shopping conversion across all devices.
- Manage and provide council to direct marketing strategy and plans.
- Develop and administer marketing database.
- Develop and maintain effective public relations with local and regional media reps; Build strong relationships with multicultural and alternative print and broadcast media. Pursue and co-ordinate all media and public relations requests.
- Design, implement and recap market research, including audience surveys.
- Manage website content and performance.
- Create an environment that celebrates experimentation and innovation to drive customer perceptions as a responsive and value-providing company.
- Oversee the design, communication and enforcement of digital marketing data management and analysis across all tiers and devices.
- Lead development and execution of media and social strategies and placements while adjusting to real-time marketplace realities and ensuring creative, media, and target are in sync.
- Provide optimization, rationalization and oversight of media to ensure target customers, dealer goals and programs receive appropriate funding to reach set goals.
- Employ psychographic, demographic, and geographic consumer media targeting aligned within brand segmentation.
- Manage and oversight of media partnerships
- Lead the team in development of communication campaign goals and continuous monitoring and optimization of campaigns based on analysis from media, ad agency, and internal sources.
- Maintain quality marketing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain marketing staff job results; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Develop marketing staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Oversee fiscal, operational, administrative, and human resources management of the Marketing Department, in alignment with the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Make discretionary decisions regarding the activities of the Marketing Department with the ultimate objective to drive positive brand awareness, lead generation, increased market share, revenue and return on marketing investment.
- Be an activist, upbeat person who leads by example, develops a strong, motivated team and instills a positive attitude with all staff.
- Be the organizations expert in digital/social media and marketing
- Transform dealers’ marketing with the latest advances in social media technology and the latest social media platforms.
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns on behalf of dealers, utilizing a range of techniques including PPC and SEO.
- Identify digital trends and insights and optimize dealer spend and performance based on insights.
- Devise strategies to drive online traffic to dealer websites.
- Review new technologies to keep the dealers at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
- Analyze social media insights to guide future dealer social media campaigns.
- Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing activities, effectiveness and business impact.
- Provide continuous Insight and planning in all areas to work towards our goal of becoming digital/social experts.
- Deliver in-depth training sessions/workshops to educate dealers on current digital, social and CRM developments.
- Help manage and improve dealer lead management activities.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications and their impact on dealers.
As a future brand marketer, besides in-depth knowledge and experience of traditional marketing communications, our successful candidate must demonstrate their knowledge and importance of the social channel as well. They need to be able to present real work examples in their career history as to how they have integrated and adapted their social marketing programs to the rapid changes in social tools and mediums, the rise and fall of popularity among different social channels, and the increasing use of social media to replace traditional customer engagement needs, including customer support.
List of Potential Specific Qualifications
In addition, they must have:
- 10+ years Marketing Strategy and Planning, Research, Creative development, Product Marketing, Traditional and Digital Advertising and Communication, Social Media
- Minimum Bachelor Degree, MBA Desired
- Ability to develop and understand Automotive Marketing data and provide strategic and tactical guidance to agency(s) so that the communications, media and platforms they recommend are relevant to our business.
- Expertise in developing and articulating strategic positions and recommendations to senior management with clear, concise, and persuasive rationale.
- Ability to effectively manage outside agency partners.
- Strong background in leveraging research insights to inform and support communications development.
- Significant experience in developing product positioning and fully integrated go-to-market plans
- Significant experience in internal and external communication strategies.
- Deep understanding of all tiers of Automotive Marketing.
- Deep analytical skills with the ability to extract meaningful intelligence from diverse data points that combine into a strategic vision for communications.
- Working knowledge of new product development, pricing and incentives.
- Ability to write strategic and creative briefs to be used across channels, partners, and stakeholders.
- History of implementing brand and product strategies.
- Background in consumer segmentation and media targeting.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of social media and networking platforms and monitoring suite suppliers.
- Understanding/experience with Event Marketing.
- Understanding of the news media and how to leverage PR as a marketing tool.
- Prioritization skills and efficient multi-tasking.
- Ability to remain poised and confident when challenged.
- Superb writing and logic skills.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic, reason, creativity and strategic thinking.
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
- Integration skills– joining people, processes or systems
- Influencing and negotiation skills.
- Problem solving.
- Resource management; Good people management skills; Good interpersonal/collaborative skills
- Good business sense/acumen.
- Strong understanding of strategic media placements while being agnostic to specific methodologies or mediums
- Ability to travel throughout South Florida with short notice and work extended hours when high-priority deliverables are needed.